At Pier View Academy we believe that every child should have an opportunity to experience success with their education no matter what their background or special needs…
Welcome to Pier View Academy
Pierview Academy was established 8 years ago to provide students with an opportunity to succeed academically and socially when other doorways to success have been closed. We recognise that our students need to reconnect with learning and we can provide all the support a student needs to do this.
We recognise that our learners may need additional support before they are ready to fully engage in the curriculum. Therefore, we typically follow a progressive step by step approach as summarised in the mnemonic; ARRRTT
- Attendance: Focus on improving each learner’s attendance level to ensure they give themselves the basis to achieve.
- Routine: Learning Support Assistants help learners to gain a routine that is adapted to pupils individual needs to ensure they feel comfortable in the educational environment.
- Relationship: Learners are assisted in developing sound relationships with tutors and other service users.
- Respect: Working with learners and families in a holistic manner to maximize their life-chances and educational potential.
- Trust: When a pupil feels more secure and understood.
- Teach: A formal, academic curriculum takes place.
David Cowell MBE joins ALP Schools
The new Managing Director of ALP Schools: David Cowell has been awarded an MBE in the new years honours list. News of the MBE comes on the same day that David Cowell officially changes his role from Managing Director of Melton Learning Hub and joins ALP Schools.