At Pier View Academy we believe that every child should have an opportunity to experience success with their education no matter what their background or special needs…
Welcome to Pier View Academy
Pierview Academy was established 8 years ago to provide students with an opportunity to succeed academically and socially when other doorways to success have been closed. We recognise that our students need to reconnect with learning and we can provide all the support a student needs to do this.
We recognise that our learners may need additional support before they are ready to fully engage in the curriculum. Therefore, we typically follow a progressive step by step approach as summarised in the mnemonic; ARRRTT
- Attendance: Focus on improving each learner’s attendance level to ensure they give themselves the basis to achieve.
- Routine: Learning Support Assistants help learners to gain a routine that is adapted to pupils individual needs to ensure they feel comfortable in the educational environment.
- Relationship: Learners are assisted in developing sound relationships with tutors and other service users.
- Respect: Working with learners and families in a holistic manner to maximize their life-chances and educational potential.
- Trust: When a pupil feels more secure and understood.
- Teach: A formal, academic curriculum takes place.
The Communication Commitment
We recognise that communication drives learning and attainment, and strong language and communication skills are linked to better outcomes for the young people within our schools. Therefore, Pierview Academy is actively participating in the Communication Commitment.
Pierview Student – Painting a Bright Future
Post 16 learner Shannon Wallis has recently been ‘White Washing’ the competitions associated to her Level 2 painting and decorating course.
This academic year Shannon has entered 3 competitions with resounding success.
The first took place in Gravesend at the college campus, and Shannon was delighted to be placed second. She has also successfully participated in the Johnson Competition in Folkestone and most recently she took her talents to Brighton where she was not placed but completed some exceptional work.
Staff at Pierview Academy are delighted with Shannon’s success and it is clear that she has an outstanding talent.
GDPR is Here
ALP Schools complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and our schools are committed to maintaining the highest standards when handling personal information. Pierkview Academy is required to have it’s own privacy notice and Privacy (Data Protection Policy) to ensure that all pupils, parents, staff and applicants are aware of how and when their data may be used by us and our data controllers.
Get It Centre
Pierview Academy are now registered as a Get It Centre. This means we can offer free condoms and advice for our students.
Nurturing through Nature
Our latest project Nurturing through Nature is getting started and we would like to appeal for your help. Please read the attached letter from our Managing Director David Cowell. Thank you!