At Pier View Academy we believe that every child should have an opportunity to experience success with their education no matter what their background or special needs…
Welcome to Pier View Academy
Pierview Academy was established 8 years ago to provide students with an opportunity to succeed academically and socially when other doorways to success have been closed. We recognise that our students need to reconnect with learning and we can provide all the support a student needs to do this.
We recognise that our learners may need additional support before they are ready to fully engage in the curriculum. Therefore, we typically follow a progressive step by step approach as summarised in the mnemonic; ARRRTT
- Attendance: Focus on improving each learner’s attendance level to ensure they give themselves the basis to achieve.
- Routine: Learning Support Assistants help learners to gain a routine that is adapted to pupils individual needs to ensure they feel comfortable in the educational environment.
- Relationship: Learners are assisted in developing sound relationships with tutors and other service users.
- Respect: Working with learners and families in a holistic manner to maximize their life-chances and educational potential.
- Trust: When a pupil feels more secure and understood.
- Teach: A formal, academic curriculum takes place.
The Communication Commitment
The Communication Commitment started at Pierview Academy in September 2015 and provides the tools, guidance, and resources to make communication a priority. During the first year, the focus was on raising awareness of the importance of improving communication skills amongst the students and staff. Communication matters, as students with weak skills have been found to be more at risk of bullying, challenging behaviours, and social and emotional difficulties.
Please take the time to read the rest of the news story here.
Take part in our Parent online questionnaire
We rely on your feedback so please take a few moments to answer our online questionnaire.