Role: Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £19,488 - £21,620
Location: Pierview Academy
Contract Type: Full Time, Term Time Only
Closing Date: TBC
Do you have enthusiasm and passion for working with learners with special educational needs?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant with ALP Schools based at our Pierview Academy campus.
About The Role
As the successful Learning Support Assistant, you will be part of a team responsible for supporting and guiding learners with learning difficulties/disabilities in both individual and small group learning sessions.
You may work with secondary or Post 16 learners to support and assist them in establishing good attendance, positive relationships, a routine, trust and respect for the environment and the people within it. Also, you will support teaching and learning with the school.
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Access to BUPA Cash Plan Scheme
- Annual well-being initiatives
- Termly perks
This is a full time, permanent, term time only position, 39 or 40 weeks per year. You will also have to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
- Good Knowledge of special educational needs and disabilities
- Experience of working with people with challenging behaviour / complex needs / disabilities.
- Ability to plan and tutor effectively using a variety of strategies.
- Educated to A’ level or its equivalent and beyond
- Full UK driving licence